The Squadron Sponsoring Committee (SSC) is a not-for-profit charity established to run the business of supporting 83 Squadron. It is not part of the Canadian Armed Forces. It consists mainly of parents/guardians of Cadets enrolled in our Squadron. Every parent/guardian who has a Cadet in the program is automatically a member of the SSC. The SSC is responsible for generating funds to meet the Squadron’s many financial needs. This is raised through donations and fundraising events such as casinos, silent auctions, bottle drives, other fundraising programs, and donations.
In addition, the SSC organizes volunteers for non-Cadet based activities. We support the Squadron by:
• Stocking the Canteen during parade nights
• Assisting Cadets in preparation for Scholarship Boards
• Providing volunteers for Cadet activities as directed by the CO
• Renting, purchasing and maintaining band equipment
• Maintaining the Squadron headquarters
• Sponsoring Citizenship Tours
• Recruiting activities, as well as advertising and promoting the Squadron and the Cadet program
• Providing facilities for optional training events that may include catering
The SSC meetings are held monthly. ALL parents are welcome and encouraged to attend.
NOTE: In order to receive email updates from the squadron, please provide your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org Please make sure to add this email address to your “Safe Senders List”. This list is maintained by the Squadron Sponsoring Committee. The Administration office does not maintain or coordinate an email distribution list.
ATTENTION ALL PARENTS & VOLUNTEERS
All parents & volunteers who want to work with the youth are required to get a criminal records check. It makes it safer for the cadets and you get a snazzy laminated ID badge to wear. Even if you just want to work bottle drives or the like, if you can find the time to pop into the Cadet HQ with a couple of references we could call, then we’ll have it all done except the police check (which is now done online). Then you’re all good to work alongside our awesome cadets. Please see below for instructions for the Criminal Record Check.
If you do not receive emails regarding our adventures and squadron happening, please send an email to email@example.com, and include Cadets Name, Parents Name(s), Phone Number and Email Address, so that we may add you to our cadet data base. Thank you.
Below are the instructions on how to log in and obtain a E-PIC through Sterling Talent Solutions:
1. Visit http://www.sterlingtalentsolutions.ca/aircadetleague/ and select a province from the list of provinces provided. Select a location from the list provided.
2. You will need to register for a myBackCheck account and create a username and password.
4. Type in your username and password to log in. Once logged in click on the ‘Inbox’ tab at the top of the page to find your Invitation.
5. Click on the Air Cadet League of Canada Invitation, which will allow you to click ‘Accept and Continue’ to move forward with your check.
6. Continue with the steps and pay online by credit card ($26 plus tax).
7. After the purchase is complete, click on “my Account” and then click ‘Continue’ to proceed with the criminal record check.
8. Enter your identity information.
9. Disclose any criminal records. These details will be used by the police department to verify any potential record you may have, so remember to be as accurate as possible.
10. Review the Term and Conditions.
11. Verify your ID online, or if you do not pass the ID online process, print the Canada Post ID Verification Form and take it to your nearest participating Canada Post location to have your IDs verified and submitted to myBackCheck.com. No money needs to be given to the Canada Post representative, as this payment is included in the initial fee through the myBackCheck.com site.
That is it! Results of your check will be processed and the results released within one business day. Your results are automatically shared with the Air Cadet League of Canada, Alberta Provincial Committee at the same time that they are released to you.
Should you require any assistance you can contact “MyBackCheck support team” at; firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1.877.455.6730 for any questions.